Friday, November 23, 2018

Post 8: Personal Opinions


Hello bloggers, how are you today? I’m half happy and half sad, why? Because today’s blog is the last one! I will miss writing blogs every Friday, but finally the semester is ending and holidays are coming up!
The topic of today is really difficult because I usually don’t like giving my opinion, but I chose education as today’s topic.
When I was very little I studied in a school called Colonial de Pirque, which in my opinion it was a really good place to grow as a person, I learned a lot about interpersonal relations, listen to my classmates and respect nature. But when I was in 5th grade I changed to another school, the exact opposite of the last one. This school was in Santiago and it was focused on results, Simce and PSU results, so it was very competitive and sometimes not in a healthy way. I think it’s important to focus on the results, but that’s not the most important thing. I felt the school was so focus on results, they made a side other important things like growing our critical thinking,teaching how take care of others and ourselves, etc. and it was reflected on my classmates attitudes.
What I mean with all these experiences is that the education system is all wrong, we can’t live in a world where results and competition between students is more important than their mental health, we should educate our children to be better persons, to take care of each other and teaching them that fail is not the end of the world. There are so many examples of kids that took their life because of the presure the education system puts on them and this can't happen anymore, we must stop it.

Please let me know you opinion about this issue in the comments.

PS: Happy holidays everybody! I hope you a great end of semester :)

Image result for education system
The most perfect example of our education system

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you, we need to learn about the error of the olds generation to make a better system, more into the healthy learning. Grettings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is fault of the neoliberal system! We are educated to compete, and this generate a lot of stress in people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Education is a very important issue, hopefully it would be better at a country level and that ugly competitiveness would not exist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you!! Mental health should be more important that marks.

    ReplyDelete

Post 8: Personal Opinions

Hello bloggers, how are you today? I’m half happy and half sad, why? Because today’s blog is the last one! I will miss writing blogs every...